Available November 13 - A new look and new features to Google Calendar on the web
November 10, 2017
Google has redesigned the web calendar similar to the mobile application with a responsive layout that auto-adjusts to your screen size, including a redesign of conference room (resource) scheduling.
What to expect:
- November 13 - The option to "Use new Calendar" will be available November 13.
- November through February - User will be able to switch back and forth between the old and new calendar.
- February 28 - Google will transition all users to the new UI and remove the option to switch back.
What has changed:
In the new Calendar for the web, you can:
- Add rich formatting and hyperlinks to your Calendar invites. Link to relevant spreadsheets, documents or presentations in your Calendar invite and open them directly from the new "Event Detail" view. This can help you create more detailed agendas and ensure all materials are in one place before your meeting starts.
- Manage multiple calendars side by side in "Day" view. Now you can view and manage calendars in separate columns. This makes it easier for employees who manage multiple calendars, like administrative assistants, to schedule meetings on behalf of their teams. Click "Day" view and select the calendars you want to compare.
- See contact information of meeting participants when you hover over their names in a Calendar invite. There's also a new way to view and restore deleted items in one place in case you accidentally delete a meeting invite. Additionally, "Day," "Week," and "Month" views are now more accessible, featuring better compatibility with screen readers.
Coming in January 2018:
- See conference room details when booking a room. More detailed information about meeting rooms will be added so employees know where a conference room is located, how large it is, and whether it has audio/video equipment or is wheelchair accessible. You can hover over the room name in Calendar when you want to book a space, and a hovercard will pop up with details about the conference location and resources.
Where do I go for more information?
For more details on changes, check out the Google help page for Calendar.
Contact Dr. Gee, email@example.com, or the IT Support Center, firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-2227 for assistance.